Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Childhood Memories of Ramadhan

Hello my precious readers, today I want to tell you about my childhood memories of Ramadhan. I hope all of you will enjoy reading my story.

Ramadhan is very meaningful for all muslims. They have to fast for a month. Fasting is to make sure that people are free from sins. They cannot eat and drink until the time is coming. They have to fast about 14 hours. For me, fasting is very hard because we cannot eat and drink for a long time. We have to wait for 14 hours.

During my childhood, I have forced by my parents to fast. For the first time I am fasting, I cannot stand because I am very tired and thirsty. I started to fast when I was 7 years old. During the Ramadhan, I am fasting just only 7 days. That is hard for me to fast for a month.
I started to lie my parents when I have forced by them. They asked me to fast for a month.

I am very small at that time. I have to wait 14 hours to get something to eat and drink. That is very hard for me because I cannot eat and drink anything. When my parents are not with me, I went to the kitchen and open the ice box to find something that I can eat. I am very hungry and thirsty at that time. When I eat and drink, I feel release from fasting.

My parents did not know about my lying. I am not tell them because I am very afraid if my parents scold me. I tell my parents when I was form 1. They did not mad at me because they know that I am very small at that time and no need to fast. I am very happy because I can fast for a month after that. That is all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment